How to Use the POS Screen for Different Scenarios
The POS screen in Do Your Order is designed for individuals serving directly at the counter, such as bartenders and food truck owners. It allows you to handle various payment and order scenarios.
Here's how to navigate the POS screen for different situations:
Step 1: Accessing the POS Screen
- Start from the home page of your Do Your Order account.
- Click on the specific restaurant you are interested in managing.
- Look for and click on the "POS" option to access the POS screen.
Step 2: Opening a Tab for Clients
On the POS screen, there is an option to open a tab for clients. This is useful when clients want to pay at the end of their service. You can even name the tab for easy reference.
Scenario 1: Client Pays Now and Consumes Now
If a client orders an item like a beer or gelato and plans to consume it immediately, the person serving them can take the order.
The server can then generate the bill and print a receipt directly from the POS screen. In this case, there's no need to "call items," as it will not be sent to the Kitchen Display System (KDS).
Scenario 2: Client Pays Now, but Consumes Later
- If a client orders food items that require preparation in the kitchen, these items should be "called" from the POS screen. This action ensures they appear in the Kitchen Display System (KDS).
- A receipt will be generated for the order, and the client pays at the counter. However, they can consume their meal once it's ready.
Scenario 3: Client Consumes Now (or Later), Pays Later
In some cases, such as in a pub, clients may consume drinks and want to pay later.
- To accommodate this, you can open a "tab" for the client, which allows items to be debited on their account.
- At the end of the drinking session, the client is served with the bill, and the tab can be named for identification.
- During the billing process, you can still split the bill if needed, avoiding the necessity to open multiple tabs for the same group of friends.
- If food items from the kitchen are ordered alongside drinks, remember to "call" those items to appear in the KDS for preparation.
By following these instructions, you can efficiently use the POS screen in various scenarios, providing flexibility for different payment and consumption preferences of your clients.
Do Your Order Instructions
Designed for Account Owners, Administrators, Managers, and Employees using Do Your Order to run their restaurant business. Topics Include Multilingual Digital Menus, Self-Ordering, On-Table Service, Robust Reporting, Secure Credit Card Processing, and Inventory Management.
Getting Started with Do Your Order Restaurant App
Welcome to the future of restaurant management! Within a short time frame, you can kick-start your digital restaurant experience
How to Add a Restaurant Menu Item with Do Your Order
This tutorial is for Restaurant owners, first time users, Administrators manager and users. By following these steps, you'll be able to efficiently add, edit, and manage menu items on your Do Your Order restaurant platform, enhancing your restaurant's online presence and customer experience.
Managing User Access and Permissions in Your Restaurant Account
In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of adding and managing users with different access rights in your restaurant account on Do Your Order. You can control who has access to various features and departments within your restaurant management system.
Ready to get started?
Download the app and let’s start your digital journey together!